Local SEO Houston Ideas
Here are some ideas for local SEO in Houston. These internet marketing ideas can be adapted for most anywhere. But our SEO and internet marketing company is located near Katy, TX, so I wanted to share specific tips for local SEO Houston style.
Why Local SEO?
Local SEO is a technique or tactic for marketing businesses whose customers are, well, local. In other words, a business such as a plumber, retail storefront, or accountant. While standard search engine optimization (SEO) techniques are a good complement for local SEO, using the local approach can be more effective and often less expensive to implement. The basic differences are a focus on building a following (in real life or in social media) locally. Key points are fostering online reviews of your products or services and taking steps to build your business reputation as an expert (online and offline) for your industry.
If you have been in Houston long enough, you will recognize the title of this section as a now-defunct City Hall organization. Though the municipal organization is gone, the pride is not. Whether it is our beloved (and sometimes frustrating) Astros, our Texans known for nail-biting football, our clutch-city Rockets, our world-famous rodeo that supports education, the fabulous food from all cultures, or our notables who’ve made their marks on the world (Marvin Zindler, Howard Hughes, Lyle Lovett, Walter Cronkite, Renee Zellweger, Beyonce, the list goes on), Houston remains proud.
Did you know you can leverage your local Houston pride to increase the value of your brand? Here are a few ideas:
- Lasso the opportunity to support community spirit, education, and your website’s local SEO by becoming a Rodeo Houston sponsor.
- Join supporters of University of Houston athletics to “Crank it Up” to fly your UH Cougar colors to attract local customers with the same spirit at your place of business and boost local SEO.
- Prefer art over athletics? The local Houston scene is bursting with opportunities to do a good thing, get your business seen, and earn local SEO value. You can even get the ArtKaty festival named after your company!
- The food scene in Houston is amazing and there are SEO and brand-building opportunities everywhere. Try sponsoring next year’s Haute Wheels food truck festival (love that name!) for fun, food, and a link to your domain! Are you a food truck business? Then roll on in and be a part of this fun and unique event.
- What’s more fun than sports, art, or food? Watching kids have a great time! As a local Houston business, especially with a product or service related to children, you can sponsor the Houston’s Children Festival or invest in a more permanent brand-building presence by lending your support to an exhibit at the Children’s Museum of Houston.
- Not able to afford direct sponsorships? Then get involved as each of the mentioned events and attractions have ample volunteer opportunities. Get your employees involved. You will build community spirit, brand awareness, and occasionally find more opportunities to build online local SEO value through blogging, writing articles, and other online publicity for Houston organizations.
- Bonus: Ever noticed all the local magazines around? for Houston? Katy? Cy-Fair? Spring Branch? Those publications are always looking for great stories. If you have an interesting personal background or business partnership with your community, let them know. Just open the magazine’s cover to find contact information and send them a brief email pitching your idea for a story. Extra bonus: most of those magazines have an online version, so you build local SEO on top of community awareness of your business.
Has your company benefited from local community involvement? Has it boosted its online presence through participating in local events and non-profit organizations? Have other local SEO Houston ideas? Then share below, H-town!
Need to boost traffic to your website through local SEO or people to your storefront? Call 713 909 0362. We are located right in the Houston area in Katy, TX! See y’all soon!