Do you throw your hands up in despair when you attempt to pick an eCommerce platform? Which platform can I trust? Is it easy to use? Magento eCommerce is one of the most effective and simple ways of building an impressive and easy-to-use onsite shopping experience for customers.
How to Use Magento eCommerce
So what exactly is Magento eCommerce? It is an online store platform built on open-source and supported by Varien. Open-source is a application development philosophy in which developers freely access code and contribute ideas to improving it. This creates a very rich set of features and functions. Open-source is a differentiating factor for Magento eCommerce among its competitors and a key to its ever-evolving innovation. But what makes Magento eCommerce so special?
Magento eCommerce software provides a wide range of flexibility for online store creation. The high degree of customization is how small businesses can easily control appearance, content, and functionality of the online store. Other eCommerce sites force the eCommerce store out to another site, oftentimes departing from original brand identity. These kinds of sites often cause a break in communication, leading to user frustration and even the loss of a sale. However, retaining your shopping facilities within your own site with the Magento eCommerce platform provides a clear, functional, easy to navigate and familiar design experience.
Other advantages Magento eCommerce has include:
- The business owner chooses the hosting provider. Many other eCommerce solutions force the use of their own hosting.
- Magento offers a free downloadable version, Community, that offers base functionality that satisfies needs for most small online stores. And if a store grows beyond the Community version’s capabilities, it is an easy switch to Magento Enterprise.
- Magento software is open-source meaning that many developers with many creative ideas and diverse experiences develop functionality and extensions. The Magento eCommerce platform continually improves.
Whatever your online store needs, Magento probably has it covered! Magento eCommerce solutions offer an impressive list of features:
- Marketing Promotions and Tools
- Search Engine Optimization
- Catalog Management
- Catalog Browsing
- Product Browsing
- International Support
- Mobile Commerce
- Order Management
Hope this helps you decide if Magento eCommerce is the best platform for your online store. Preview sites using Magento.
What are your experiences with Magento? Comment to let us know your experience with the advantages and disadvantages of this platform. Share with your communities!
Have more questions? We have experience using Magento eCommerce, and would enjoy hearing from you so contact us!