Welcome to SEO Buzz blog! Stop in regularly for tips on search engine optimization services, web design, content development, social media marketing, blogging and other helpful marketing advice for SMBs. Whether you are a do-it-yourselfer in the Website World or looking for a partner to help you with your internet marketing needs, this is the place to learn and share your own views and tips.
7 Tips for Blogging for your Small Business
- Pick a niche to guide your overall theme for your blog (and website). Your niche should be a key part of your business plan, if not, give it some thought now. Start small and build from there. Explore what motivates your target customers to buy. What are their biggest problems? Then focus on becoming the go-to small business for what they need.
- Think of topics that would be helpful to your target customers, then research keywords. While keyword research is the cornerstone of search engine optimization (SEO) services, it makes a lot of sense to use keyword research to determine a niche, design your sitemap, and write your blogs!!! If you are not a big believer in SEO, then let me offer that if for no other reason, do the keyword research to help you confirm what you think your target customers are looking for. Look for low competition keywords with the highest number of local searches…start there as this is part of finding that local niche to be successful before going big. Don’t know how to research keywords? Contact us.
- Pick a great headline. Search “headlines that sell” or “headlines that grab attention” to get ideas.
- Make a list of your points, then write in your own voice, then edit. Read it aloud to someone.
- Get ready to post your blog. Don’t have a blog or website to post from? Search “free blog site” as there are lots of great options.
- So you might think the blog work is done now that you are ready to publish, but actually is has only just begun. Many small businesses don’t think social media is useful for their marketing plans…well, here is where those communities come in handy. Leverage your blogging efforts by making it a part of your overall social media marketing plan. The most important tip on blogging is probably to share each post via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or any social media tool in which you have built a following. Learn to use keywords in hashtags in your tweets for each blog post. A little planning can save tons of time and maximize your blogging efforts. If you are posting it, why not blast it to your community!
- The biggest tip, get blogging! And do it often!
Let me know your tips and what has made your blogging successful or what has kept you from blogging for your small business. Need help? Contact us.